19   67
12   109
32   122
21   123
13   131
18   128

Relax! It’s the New Year

New Year resolutions. How many of you, every single January make excessive resolutions that you never stick to?

I’ve certainly made my way through my share of ridiculous promises. In an attempt to fulfil that whole, new year new me deal, I’ve signed myself up to whole seasons worth of exercise classes (quit after three weeks), tried to drink two litres of water a day (spent most of the time in the bathroom), there was even the year I decided I wanted to be able to do latte art and spent the first four months so hyped up on caffeine I don’t think my resting heart rate has ever been the same. Plus I still can’t create a flower in my morning cup of coffee.

So this year I decided not to make one. What was the point if I’d only fail and give it up? Then I went back to work and after just one day I felt exhausted. Falling into bed at 9:30pm I thought hang on a minute, how can I tackle 2018 when I still feel like I’m recovering from what feels like the past ten years!?

Relaxing! That’s going to be my resolution. I don’t just mean sitting in front of Netflix night after night, but spending at least 30 minutes of my day to properly take time for myself. Notice I didn’t say “take out of my day” as this is something that needs to become a natural part of my routine, something I look forward to and enjoy.

Owen Drew Candles White Linen & English Lavender gift set large classic candle

Owen Drew Candles White Linen & English Lavender gift set large classic candle

Owen Drew Candles White Linen & English Lavender gift set

First of all I need to set the scene, get that perfect calming atmosphere and what could be more relaxing than the scent of lavender. I adore lavender, growing up we had a huge bush in the garden, situated on a hill in North Wales and now whenever I get a delicate waft of that sweet floral fragrance, I’m immediately transported back to the countryside. However, I’m a city girl now with absolutely zero talent for growing plants and popping over the Mersey isn’t exactly convenient, so when I heard about the White Linen & English Lavender gift set by Owen Drew Candles, I knew it would be the perfect collection to create my own little lavender haven.

At only £32 for (takes deep breath) a large candle, six piece set of wax melts, luxury oil burner with tea lights and even free UK shipping, this set contains everything you could ever want to feel like you’re standing in one of those gorgeous lavender fields, a blogger dream of mine by the way.

Owen Drew Candles White Linen & English Lavender gift set large classic candle, wax melts with oil burner

Owen Drew Candles White Linen & English Lavender gift set

Owen Drew Candles White Linen & English Lavender gift set

As with all Owen Drew classic large candles, the White Linen & English Lavender is created from hand-poured vegan soy wax as well as 100% natural lavender essential oil. It smells incredible before you even light the wooden wick and although the fragrance has a powerful throw, it’s in no way overwhelming or “soapy”, just wonderfully fresh and vibrant. I love to use this candle as soon as I get home from the daily grind of life and start alleviating any anxiety and stress, of which I have bucket loads.

Owen Drew Candles White Linen & English Lavender gift set classic large candle

For my half an hour resolution relax, the pure soy White Linen & English Lavender wax melts are ideal. They come in a handy little clear pack that is easy to store and keeps the melts clean and safe from any breakage. The wax literally melts in seconds and the scent is just as amazing. It creates a slightly softer vibe than the candle and fills the whole room with fragrance. Just break off a cube, pop in a tea light and you’re ready to go! For me, lying down in my dressing gown is a must, after all my home is now a luxury spa and as the saying goes, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Which come to think of it, was actually spending time in lavender scented water in Roman baths.

I’m then going to concentrate on clearing my mind and just focus on my breathing. If I’m feeling particularly daring, I’ll even apply my favourite face mask beforehand, play some calming music and for the first time ever, stick to a New Year resolution. My tranquil experience continues long after 30 minutes, as the wax melts last ages and even after the tea light has gone out, the aroma of lavender leaves me ready to put on my cosy pyjamas, get into fresh bed sheets and finally get a good night sleep.

This year is going to be a lavender flavoured piece of cake.

Owen Drew Candles White Linen & English Lavender gift set soy wax melts

Owen Drew Candles White Linen & English Lavender gift set soy wax melts

Owen Drew Candles White Linen & English Lavender gift set soy wax melts

Owen Drew Candles White Linen & English Lavender gift set soy wax melts

Now if I could just get my own personal masseuse, that would be the ultimate relaxation.

Here’s to New Year resolutions!

*This set was sent for review purposes but I always give an honest review, where all opinions and views are 100% my own.

1. January 14, 2018 / 8:07 pm

I want a personal masseuse too! i’d need it so bad! The candle looks so pretty. And the wax. I need to relax more too! Just decided that as a resolution!

Author
      January 24, 2018 / 3:39 pm

Wouldn’t it be amazing to have a personal masseuse!? if I ever win the lottery I’ll hire loads and hold spa getaways for bloggers haha. Definitely need to relax more this year though. It’s so important. X

2. January 14, 2018 / 8:12 pm

This is one of my resolutions too, i often get too focused with working hard and i tend to stress about everything so this year i really want to take care of myself more!

Author
      January 24, 2018 / 3:40 pm

Me too! Sometimes I even stress about whether I’m relaxing right or if I should be doing work when I’m trying to have some me time but it’s really important to take some time out. I’m definitely going to stick to this resolution this year. X

3. January 14, 2018 / 8:20 pm

This sounds like pure bliss! I love taking the time to relax in the evening. I usually end up applying a hand cream as well as I find that really relaxes me.

Author
      January 24, 2018 / 3:41 pm

Oooo yes hand cream, good idea. I’m definitely going to add that to my relaxing sessions, especially as I wash my hands so much at my job. X

4. Heather
    January 14, 2018 / 8:29 pm

I really need to start relaxing more in the evenings too, I get myself stressed so easily. Love your photography and I bet the candle smells amazing! Love the scent of lavender!

Heather xo || http://www.xhighlandbeauty.co.uk

Author
      January 24, 2018 / 3:44 pm

It’s so hard not to get stressed out these days with everything we have going on. I’ve continuously put off looking after myself for years and I think it’s time I actually did something about it! These candles and melts are perfect for it too as they really do smell amazing and they’re such good quality. X

5. January 14, 2018 / 8:30 pm

I’ve been looking for something like this for a long time to help me relax and sleep better and it sounds absolutely gorgeous! The mixture of the two scents definitely makes it sound extra appealing as I find sometimes Lavender can be a bit overwhelming in products but I imagine with the white linen it’s the perfect aroma. I’m such a huge wax melt fan too, I’d absolutely love this set!
    Alice Xx

Author
      January 24, 2018 / 3:46 pm

The white linen & English lavender gift scent really is such a bargain! I’ve had the wax melts going nearly every evening since I got them and I just never tire from the scent. It has a powerful throw but I don’t think it’s overwhelming at all and it definitely doesn’t smell fake! X

6. January 14, 2018 / 8:34 pm

I actually love this resolution, you should definitely take some much needed time for yourself daily. That set seems like the ultimate relaxation package, glad you’re enjoying it. I tend to give each new year a focus word, this year its growth. Growing my blog, as an individual, in experiences.

Tx. // MusicGeekOnline.

7. Ayse
    January 14, 2018 / 8:35 pm

What a great post and lovely photography! I never tried burning these candles and never tried wax melts before but these look amazing! x

8. January 14, 2018 / 8:37 pm

I’m with you on this one. Finding the time for you & focussing on you is often the hardest thing to do but it does give you time to relax. Hope relaxing is helping you.

9. January 14, 2018 / 8:37 pm

Loved this post, I definitely need to relax more this year, also those candles look amazing! X

10. January 14, 2018 / 9:01 pm

Oh I do love a good candle, I bet they smell amazing!
    Gonna have to look at getting myself some! (and yay for cruelty free vegan friendly!)

Kisses and Love
    Jazziepickles xo

11. January 14, 2018 / 10:10 pm

Fantastic post 👍🏻 I really could do with some more relaxation time so good on you for making a resolution for 2018 to do just that 😃

Melanie | http://www.frasersfunhouse.com